MEET SHELLEY A HALL
Shelley A Hall, MD, FACC, FHFSA
Chief, Cardiac Transplantation, Congestive Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support at Baylor University Medical Center.
Clinical Associate Professor, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine
2003 – 2014:
Medical Director, Cardiac Transplantation, Baylor University Medical Center
1982-1986 - Undergraduate: University of Dallas, Irving, TX - BS Biochemistry
1986-1991 - Medical School:University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - MD
1991-1992 - Internship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Internal Medicine
1992-1994 - Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center- Internal Medicine
1994-1997 - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Cardiology
1995-1996 - Research in noninvasive cardiology including stress echocardiography and transesophageal echo
1996-1997 - Concentrated training in congestive heart failure and transplant cardiology
Internal Medicine 1994 ; Cardiology 1997, recertification 2007; Heart Failure and Transplantation 2012
Texas J2047; DPS J0084968; DEA BH3638713; NPI 1912961145
Member and Fellow, American College of Cardiology
2017-present, Chair Heart Failure Division for Tx ACC Chapter
Member, American Heart Association
Member, Texas Medical Association
2014-present, Council on Transplantation and Transfusion
Member, Dallas County Medical Society
Member, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
Member and Fellow, Heart Failure Society of America
Member, International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
2017-2018, Chair of Heart Failure/Transplant Academy
Member, American Society for Transplant Physicians
2017-2019, Committee Member-at-Large, Thoracic and Critical Care Community of Practice
Member, Baylor Scott and White Health, Heart Failure Initiative
Member, UNOS, Thoracic Committee, July 2012-June 2014, July 2017-June 2020)
Baylor University Medical Center Representative, Region 4 UNOS Committee (2005-present)
Director, Region 4 UNOS (July 2012-June 2014, July 2017-June 2020)
Region 4 Representative, UNOS National Committee (July 2012-2014, July 2017-June 2020)
Member, Texas Transplantation Society
2014-2017, Heart Transplantation Councilor
Director, Heart Failure Rotation for Cardiology Fellowship (July 2012-present)
Advisory Committee – cVAD registry
Steering Committee – CardioMEMSTM and HeartMate VAD Trial (under development – 2016)
Associate Editor, American Journal of Cardiology (2017- )
Peer Reviewed Scientific Papers:
1. William Roberts, Tiffany Becker, Shelley Hall. Usefulness of Total 12-Lead QRS Voltage as a Clue to Diagnosis of Patients With Cardiac Sarcoidosis Severe Enough to Warrant Orthotopic Heart Transplant. JAMA Cardiology 2017 November 15
2. Van Wagner LB, Harinstein ME, Runo JR, Darling C, Serper M, Hall S, Kobashigawa JA, and Hammell LL. Multidisciplinary approach to cardiac and pulmonary vascular disease risk assessment in liver transplantation: An evaluation of the evidence and consensus recommendations. Am J Transplant 2017 October 6 (Epub ahead of print. Manuscript In Press).
3. Kopecky, K. Afzal, A., Felius, J., Hall, SA, Mendez, JC, Assar, M., Mason, DP, and Bindra, AS. Bilateral sympathectomy for treatment of refractory ventricular tachycardia. Pacing and Clin Electrophysiol. (Epub ahead of print. 29 Aug 2017). (Manuscript In Press).
4. Utilization of high donor sequence number grafts in cardiac transplantation. Clinical Transplantation. 2017 September 28 (Epub ahead of print. Manuscript In Press).
5. Use of percutaneous temporary circulatory support device as a bridge to decision during acute decompensation of advanced heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant 2017 September 30 (Epub ahead of print. Manuscript In Press).
6. Robert L. Gottlieb, MD, PhD, Teena Sam, PharmD, Suzanne Y. Wada, MD, James F. Trotter, MD, Sumeet K. Asrani, MD, Brian Lima, MD, Susan M. Joseph, MD, Gonzalo Gonzalez-Stawinski, MD, and Shelley A. Hall, MD. Rational heart transplant from hepatitis C donor: New antiviral weapons conquer the Trojan. J Cardiac Fail 2017 October; 23(10):765-767.
7. Lima, B, Dur O, Chuang, J, Chamogeorgakis, T, Farrar DJ, Sundareswaran KS, Felius J, Joseph SM, Hall, SA, and Gonzalez-Stawinski GV. Novel cardiac coordinate modeling system for three-dimensional quantification of inflow cannula malposition of HeartMateII LVADS. ASAIO J 25 July 2017 (Epub ahead of print).
8. Levitsky J, Formica RN, Bloom RD … Hall S, … M Volk. The American Society of Transplantation Consensus Conference on the Use of Hepatitis C Viremic Donors in Solid Organ Transplantation. Am J Transplantation 2017 May 18.
9. Sandra Carey, PhD, Kyle Bass, MD, Givanna Saracino, MS, Cara A. East, MD, Joost elius, PhD, Paul A. Grayburn, MD, Ravi C. Vallabhan, MD, and Shelley A. Hall. Probability of accurate heart failure diagnosis and the implications for hospital readmission. Am J Cardiol 5 Jan 2017 (Epub); 1 Apr 2017 (Print).
10. Asad F. Shaikh, Susan M. Joseph, Brian Lima, Shelley A. Hall, Rajasekhar Malyala, Aldo E. Rafael, Gonzalo V. Gonzalez-Stawinski, and Themistokles Chamogeorgakis. HeartMate II left ventricular assist device pump exchange: A single-institution experience. Thoracic and Cardiovasc Surg November 2016 (Epub ahead of print).
11. Megan C. Reynolds, MS, Sandra Carey, PhD, Simon Driver, PhD, Jong Ko, BA, Joost Felius, PhD, William C. Roberts, MD, and Shelley A. Hall, MD. Patient acceptance of the Heart-t-Heart program: using patients’ native hearts to promote post-transplant health. J Heart Lung Transplant October 2016; 35(10):1270-1271.
12. John J. Squiers, Giovanna Saracino, Themistokles Chamogeorgakis, Juan C. MacHannaford, Aldo E. Rafael, Gonzalo V. Gonzalez-Stawinski, Shelley A. Hall, J. Michael DiMaio, and Brian Lima. Application of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) critera for primary graft dysfunction after cardiac transplantation: outcomes from a high-volume centre. Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg 24 October 2016 (Epub); 1 Feb 2017 (Print).
13. George A. Heberton, MD, Michael Nassif, MD, Andrew Bierhals, MD, Eric Novak, MS, Shane J. LaRue, MD, Brian Lima, MD, Shelley Hall, MD, Scott Silvestry, MD, and Susan M. Joseph, MD. Usefulness of psoas muscle area determined by computed tomography to predict mortality or prolonged length of hospital stay in patients undergoing left ventricular assist device implantation. Am J Cardiol 12 Aug 2016 (Epub); 1 Nov 2016 (Print).
14. Roberts Wc, Won VS, Vasudevan A, Kapoor P, Ko JM, Meyer DM, Hall SA, Gonzalez-Stawinski GV. Comparison of characteristics of patients undergoing heart transplantation at the same hospital in two different time periods (1997-2012 and 2013-2015). Am J Cardiol 15 July 2016;118(2):288-291.
15. Themistokles Chamogeorgakis, Susie Joseph, Shelley Hall, Gonzalo V. Gonzalez-Stawinski, Giovanna Sacarino, Aldo Rafael, Juan MacHannaford, Ioannis Toumpoulis, Jose Mendez, and Brian Lima. Impact of donor age on cardiac transplantation outcomes and on cardiac function. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 31 May 2016;pii:ivw172.
16. Carey, Sandra et al. Development of a squamous cell carcinoma of the hand and wrist after cardiac transplantation. Am J Cardiol 1 June 2016;117(11):1853-1854. Online 19 March 2016.
17. Lima, Brian, Kale Parag, Gonzalo Gonzalez-Stawinski, Johannes Kuiper, Sandra Carey and Shelley Hall. Effectiveness and safety of the Impella 5.0 as a bridge to cardiac transplantation or durable left ventricular assist device. Am J Cardiol 15 May 2016;117(10):1622-1628. Online 4 March 2016.
18. William C. Roberts, Shelley A. Hall, Jong M. Ko, Peter A. McCullough, and Brian Lima. Atrophy of the heart after insertion of a left ventricular assist device and closure of the aortic valve. Am J Cardiol 1 March 2016;117(5):878-879.
19. Sacks J, Gonzalez-Stawinski, GV, Hall S, Lima B, MacHannaford J, Dockery W, Cura M, and Chamogeorgakis T. Utility of cardiac computed tomography for inflow cannula patency assessment and prediction of clinical outcome in patients with the HeartMate II left ventricular assist device. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg November 2015;21(5):590-593.
20. Reinhold, Stephanie M., Hall, Shelley A., Gonzalez-Stawinski, Gonzalo; Stoler, Robert C., Chamogeorgakis, Themistokles, and Khalid, Adnan. Heart transplantation in an Ehlers-Danlos patient. Proc – Baylor University Medical Center 2015;28(4):492-493.
21. Armstrong, DO, Danielle, Gonzalez-Stawinksi, MD, Gonzalo, Ko, Jong Mi, Hall, MD, Shelley A., and Roberts, MD, William C. The two extremes of cardiac sarcoidosis and the effect of prednisone therapy. Am J Cardiol 8 September 2015;115:110-153.
22. Chamogeorgakis, Themis, Hall, Shelley, and MacHannaford, Juan. Utility of cardiac computed tomography for inflow cannula patency assessment and prediction of clinical outcome in patients with the HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist Device. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 29 July 2015;pii:ivv205.
23. Hall, Shelley A, Trungale, Kellis R., Dockery, Dee, and Gonzalez-Stawinski, Gonzalo V. Surgical management of inflow cannula misalignment in an LVAD patient. Clinical Case Report. Baylor University Medical Center, Annette C. and Harold C. Simmons Transplant Institute. 2015;1(2).
24. Munkres AG, Ball TN, Chamogeorgakis T., Ausloos KA, Hall SA, and Choi JW. Usefulness of percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale for hypoxia. Proc – Baylor University Medical Center. April 2015;28(2):204-206.
25. Danielle Armstrong, DO, Gonzalo V. Gonzalez-Stawinski, MD, Jong Mi Ko, BA, Shelley A. Hall, MD, and William C. Roberts, MD. The two extremes of cardiac sarcoidosis and the effect of prednisone therapy. Am J Cardiol. 1 January 2015;115(1):150-153.
26. Roberts WC, Roberts CC, Ko JM, Filardo G, Capehart JE, and Hall SA. Morphologic features of the recipient heart in patients having cardiac transplantation and analysis of the congruence or incongruence between the clinical and morphologic diagnosis. Medicine. July 2014;93(5):211-235.
27. Erin E. Donaldson, DO, Jong Mi Ko, BA, Gonzalo Gonzalez-Stawinski, MD, Shelley A. Hall, MD, and William C. Roberts, MD. Secondary arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy decades after operative repair of tetralogy of fallot. Am J Cardiol. 1 September 2014;114(5):806-809.
28. Roberts WC, Chung MS, Ko JM, Capehart JE, Hall SA. Morphologic features of cardiac sarcoidosis in native hearts of patients having cardiac transplantation. Am J Cardiol 15 February 2014;113(4):706-712.
29. Monica S. Chung, BS, Jo Mi Ko, BS, Themistokles Chamogeorgakis, MD, Shelley A. Hall, MD, and William C. Roberts, MD. The Myth of the Burnheim Syndrome. Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings October 2013 26(4):401–404.
30. Roberts WC, Roberts CC, Ko JM, Grayburn PA, Tandon A, Kuiper JJ, Capehart JE, Hall SA Dramatically different phenotypic expressions of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in male cousins undergoing cardiac transplantation with identical disease-causing gene mutation. Am J Cardiol June 2013;111(12):1818-1822.
31. Afzal Nikaen, Nadim El-Awir, Judson Hunt, Edard Rosenthal, Eric Eichhorn, Shelley Hall, et al. Clinically irrelevant circulating human leukocyte antigen antibodies in the presence of ventricular assist devices. J Heart Lung Transplant 2012;31:443-447.
32. Roberts WC, Roberts CC, Ko JM, Hall SA, Capehart JE. Cardiac Transplantation in adults with aortic valve disease with focus on the bicuspid aortic valve. Am J Cardiol 2012;109:1212-1214.
33. Roberts WC, Karia SJ, Ko JM, Grayburn PA, George BA, Hall SA, Kuiper JJ, Meyer DM. Examination of isolated ventricular noncompaction (hypertracbeculation) as a distinct entity in adults. Am J Cardiol 2011;108:747-752.
34. Roberts WC, Ko JM, Kuiper JJ, Hall SA, Meyer DM. Some previously neglected examples of arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy and frequency of its various reported manifestations. Am J Cardiol 2010;106:268-274.
35. Roberts MC, Vowels TJ, Ko JM, Capehart JE, Hall SA. Cardiac transplantation for cardiac sarcoidosis with initial diagnosis by examination of the left ventricular apical “core” excised for insertion of a left ventriclar assist device for severe chronic heart failure. Am J Cardiol 2009;103:110-114.
36. Yancy CW, Krum H, Massie BM, Silver MA, Stevenson LW, Cheng M, Kim SS, Evans R; FUSION II Investigators. Circ Heart Fail 2008;1: 9-16.
37. Bolton DD, Hall SA, Roberts WC. Heart failure resulting from chemotherapy for testicular neoplasm: A follow-up on a patient reported 20 years earlier. Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings 2006;19:124-125.
38. Young Janes B, Abraham William T, Smith Andrew L, Leon Angel R, Liberman, Randy, Wilkoff Bruce, Canby Robert C, Schroeder John S, Liem L Bing, Hall Shelley, Wheelan
Kevin. Combined cardiac resynchronization and implantable cardioversion defribillation in advanced chronic heart failure: the MIRACLE ICD trial. JAMA May 2003; 289(20):2685-2694.
39. Abraham WT, Young JB, Leon AR, Adler S, Bank AJ, Hall SA, Lieberman R, Liem LB, O’Connell JB, Schroeder JS and Wheelan KR. Effects of cardiac resynchronization on disease progression in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Circulation.
40. Bang LS, Black RD, Hall SA, Roberts WC. Dyspnea with hemoglobin SC disease. Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings 2002;15: 86-90.
41. Wheeler W, Hayes S, Nguyen N, Cilla AM, Rybowicz K, Jones CC, Ramsay MA, Hall SA, Meyer D, Capehart J, Jessen ME, Ring S. Sildenafil – a possible treatment for acute pulmonary hypertension during cardiac surgery. Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings 2002;15:13-15.
42. Willett DL, Hall SA, Jessen ME, Wait MA, Grayburn PA. Assessment of aortic regurgitation by transesophageal color Doppler imaging of the vena contracta: validation against an intraoperative aortic flow probe. JACC 2001;37:1450-1455.
43. Heinle SK, Hall SA, Brickner ME, Willett D, Grayburn PA. Comparison of vena contracta width by multiplane transesophageal echocardiography with quantitative Doppler assessment of mitral regurgitation. Am J Cardiol 1998;81:175-179.
44. Main ML, Escobar JF, Hall SA, Killam AL, Grayburn PA. Detection of myocardial perfusion defects by contrast echocardiography in the setting of acute myocardial ischemia with residual antegrade flow. J Am Soc Echo 1998;11:228-235.
45. Main ML, Escobar JF, Hall SA, and Grayburn PA. Safety and efficacy of QW7437, a new fluorocarbon-based echocardiographic contract agent. J Am Soc Echo November 1997;10(8):798-804.
46. Slatton MK, Irani WN, Hall SA, Marcoux LG, Page RL, Grayburn PA, Eichhorn EJ. Does digoxin provide additional hemodynamic and autonomic benefit at higher doses in patients with mild to moderate heart failure and normal sinus rhythm? JACC 1997; 29:1206-1213.
47. Hall SA, Brickner ME, Willett DC, Afridi I, Grayburn PA. Assessment of mitral regurgitation by transthoracic color flow mapping of the bena contracta: comparison with quantitative Doppler. Circulation 1997;95:636-642.
48. Main ML, Escobar JF, Hall SA, Grayburn PA. Safety and efficacy of QW7437, a new fluorocarbon-based echocardiographic contrast agent. J Am Soc Echo 1997;10:798-804.
49. Hall SA, Cigarroa CG, Marcoux LG, Risser RC, Grayburn PA, Eichhorn EJ. Time course of improvement in left ventricular function, mass, and geometry in patients with
congestive heart failure treated with b-adrenergic blockade. JACC 1995;25:1154-1161.
1. Melody Sherwood, MD and Shelley A. Hall, MD, FACC. Percutaneous Devices: Options. Mechanical Circulatory Support in End Stage Heart Failure: A Practical Guide by Montalto, Antonino Loforte, Francesco Musumeci, Thomas Krabatsch, Mark Slaughter, and Cristiano Amarelli, eds. Springer. 2017 July 11.
IRB Projects Ongoing
1. MOMENTUM 3
2. PIONEER HF
4. INTERMACS - ISHLT data collection for Mechanical Circulatory Support Device Database.
5. PAM Study (Effect of Patient Activation on Self-Management in Patients Receiving Advanced HF). Co-PI.
6. Does the Use of AlloMap Result in Reduced Rejections and VMV Viremia? A Secondary Review. Co-PI.
7. The Impact of Using CardioMEMS for Heart Failure (HF) Patients in a Large Health Care System. PI.
8. Outcomes AlloMap Registry (OAR) Study and Sub Study: Utility of Donor-Derived Cell-Free DNA in Association with Gene-Expression Profiling (AlloMap) in Heart Transplant Recipients (D-OAR). Co-PI.
9. SOPRANO Macitentan in Pulmonary Hypertension Post Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. PI.
10. Zensu NOVEL-HF2 Neuregulin-1 Effects on Survival and Hospitalization in Chronic Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction (HFrEH) (NOVEL-HF2). PI.
11. USPella: A Multi-Center, Data Registry Study Designed to Collect Data from Subjects that have been treated using an IMPELLA Circulatory Device per Institution’s Standard of Care. Co-PI.
12. Impella RP Study. PI.
IRB Projects Closed/Completed
1. Thoratec SSI. Participating center. PI.
2. The Impact of Sleep Apnea Syndrome Post Cardiac Transplantation. (PI’s: S. Carey/G. Saracino/A. Khalid/B. Lima/S. Hall)
3. Utility of Cardiac Computed Tomography for Inflow Cannula Patency Assessment and Prediction of Clinical Outcome in Patients with the HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist Device (PI’s: G. Gonzalez-Stawinski/S. Hall/B. Lima/T. Chamogeorgakis)
4. Heart Transplantation in the Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. (PI’s: B. Lima/A. Khalid/G. Gonzalez-Stawinski/R. Stoler/S. Hall/T. Chamogeorgakis)
5. ASCEND Trial. Participating center.
6. Clinical Investigation of the MicroMed DeBakey VAD for Bridge to Transplantation in Patients with Endstage Heart Failure.
7. STICH Trial. Participating center.
8. RED-HF Trial. Participating center.
9. REDUCE HF. Participating center.
10. IMPROVE HF. Participating center.
11. Double-blind placebo controlled, randomized study to assess the efficacy and safety of Zenapax in combination with cellcept, cyclosporine and corticosteroids in patients undergoing cardiac transplantation
12. COMPANION trial. Participating center.
13. STAMINA-HFP (Study of Anemia in a Heart Failure Population). Participating center.
14. ADHERE Registry. Participating center.
15. REMATCH. Randomized evaluation of mechanical assistance for the treatment of congestive heart failure.
16. EPHESUS Trial. Eplerinone post-myocardial infarction heart failure efficacy and survival study.
17. MIRACLE In-SyncTM: clinical study evaluation of cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure patients with ICD indications
18. Continued Access Protocol of the Randomized Evaluation of Mechanical Assistance for the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure
19. SCD-HeFT. Participating center.
20. The Use of Natrecor in Conjunction with Standard Therapy as a Pharmacological Bridge to Transplantation – single center case study.
21. DeNovo Prospective, Randomized, Multi-Center Comparison of PRograf, Cellcept, and Steroids vs Cyclosporine (modified, USP), Cellcept and Steroids vs. Prograf, Rapamune and Steroids in DeNovo Cardiac Transplant Recipients.
22. HF- Action (Heart Failure and a Controlled Trial Investigating Outcomes of Exercise Training. Participating center.
23. FUSION II. Participating center.
24. DIT-803. Trial Investigating Thyroid Abnormalities and Heart Failure. Participating center.
25. The Effects of Nitric Oxide for Inhalation During Orthotopic Heart Transplantation
26. The Effects of Nitric Oxide During Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation
27. ROADMAP. Participating Center. PI. (March 2016)
28. Bayer 16275 FINESSE Heart Failure Study. PI. – Study cancelled. (March 2016)
1. Hall, Shelley A. Use of Impella 5.0 Ventricular Assist Device as a Bridge to Decision during Acute Decompensation of End-Stage Chronic Heart Failure. Mini Oral Presentation. 2016 International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT); Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, DC. April 28, 2016.
2. Silvestry SC, Edwards LB, Robbins L, Hall SA, Rogers JG, and Meyer, DM. Outcomes in Adult Heart Transplant Candidate & Recipients Bridged with Acute Circulatory Support Devices. Poster 2015 Annual Meeting, International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISLHT); Nice, France. April 2015.
3. Carey Sandra, Nazia Iram, Giovanna Saracino, Shelley A. Hall. Utilization of Cardiac Tomography to Assess Predictability of Device Thrombus in Patients with a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD). Poster 60th Annual American Society for Artificial Internal Organs Conference (ASAIO) June 20, 2014.
4. Feldman David, Uriel Nir, Pinney Sean, Teuteberg Jeff, Crumbley Arthur, Hall Shelley, Starling Randall, Deng Mario C, Crespo-Leiro Maria G, Vanhaecke Johan, Stypmann Jorg, Hiller David, Arnold PJ and Yee James. Gene Expression Profiling Test (GEP) Scores and Outcomes of Heart Transplant with Prior Mechanical Circulatory Support: Results from IMAGE and CARGO II. Poster Session I: Mechanical Circulatory Support. ISHLT April 10, 2014.
5. Hall SA, Kuiper JJ, Hardaway B. Outpatient Inotropes: An Ever-Lengthening Bridge to Transplant. Poster International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) April 2013.
6. Hall SA, Hardaway BW, Meyer D, Bethea B, Kuiper JJ. Reducing length of stay in the Heartmate II era. Poster HFSA Sept 2012.
7. Hall SA, Kuiper JJ, Grimsley B, Pearl G, Matter G, Hamman B, Hardway BW. The use of Impella 5.0/LD in the management of heart failure patients with cardiogenic shock: a multidisciplinary team approach. Poster HFSA Sept 2012.
8. Hall SA, Gonzalez-Stawinski G, Meyer D, Bethea B, Kuiper JJ, Hardaway BW. Unplanned hospital readmissions and continuous flow pump therapy. Poster HFSA Sept 2012.
9. Dunlap, Stephanie H., Pina, Ileana L., Cotts, William G., Wagoner, Lynne E., Oren, Ron M., Gattis Wendy A., Mehra, Mandeep R., Ghali, Jalal K., Hall, Shelley A., Felker, G. Michael, Schwartz, Todd A., Hunter, John A., and Adams, Kirkwood A, STAMINA-HFP Investigators. Lower hemoglobin is associated with persistently reduced quality of life in unselected patients with heart failure: Results from the study of anemia in a heart failure population (STAMINA-HFP) Registry. Jnl of Cardiac Failure 2004; 10:S102.
10. Willett DL, Hall SA, Brickner ME, Jessen ME. Quantitation of aortic regurgitation by color flow mapping of the vena contracta: intraoperative validation in man. Circ 1996; 94: I-492.
11. Hall SA, Cigarroa CG, Marcoux LG, Risser RC, Grayburn PA, Eichhorn EJ. Time course of improvement in left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction with metoprolol therapy in dilated cardiomyopathy. Circ 1994; 90: I-543.
1. Palliative Care for Advanced Heart Failure: An Ethical Discussion. Longview Regional Medical Center. Hilton Garden View Inn. Longview, TX. March 30, 2017.
2. Surgical Therapies for HF Patients: Stage A-C. Co-Chair. American College of Cardiology (ACC) 66th Annual Scientific Session. Marriott Marquis, Washington, DC. March 17-19, 2017.
3. Indications for Percutaneous Temporary Support of Severe Congestive Heart Failure. NCVH Shreveport 2017, Session III. Shreveport Convention Center, Shreveport, LA. February 17, 2017.
4. Palliative Care Approaches With Advanced Heart Failure. Complex Care: Treatment Trends and Improved Outcomes, Baylor University Medical Center Primary Care/Specialty CME, Shreveport, LA. February 18, 2017.
5. Acute Decompression in Heart Failure. Cardiology Grand Rounds. Baylor Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital. Dallas, TX. October 24, 2016.
6. CHF: Treatment & Trials. Annual Research Awareness Week program. Baylor University Medical Center. 17 Roberts. Dallas, TX. March 9, 2016.
7. Cardiac Transplant Overview. The 3rd Annual Quality Summit. Integrative Emergency Services. Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas. Las Colinas, TX. February 20, 2016.
8. Advanced Heart Failure and VAD. Re-Start Your Heart Event. Hilton Garden Inn. Temple, TX. February 18, 2016.
9. Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Medicines and Devices. Contemporary Management of Cardiovascular Disease. Baylor Scott & White Health and Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute. Hilton Anatole Hotel. Dallas, TX. November 20, 2015.
10. Advanced Heart Failure. Transfer Center Nursing Education. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. November 4, 2015.
11. Heart Transplantation. Select Specialty Hospital. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. October 20, 2015.
12. Update in Heart Failure Management. American College of Cardiology (ACC) 2015 Annual Meeting – Texas Chapter. JW Marriott Hotel. San Antonio, TX. October 3, 2015.
13. ROADMAP. Thoratec Corporation. Bob’s Steak and Chop House. Dallas, TX. August 18, 2015.
14. IMPELLA Devices. Cardiology Grand Rounds. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. August 17, 2015.
15. Advanced Heart Failure. Cardiology Grand Rounds. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. July 20, 2015.
16. Current Therapies by Drug Class. Novartis Cardiology Education Program. Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital. Dallas, TX. June 10, 2015.
17. Point-Counter Point Discussion – Dr. Jose Mendez vs Dr. Amarinder Bindra. Moderator. Novartis Cardiology Education Program. Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital. Dallas, TX. June 10, 2015.
18. Point-Counter Point Discussion “Art v Science” of Management. Moderator. Novartis Cardiology Education Program. Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital. Dallas, TX. May 19, 2015.
19. Hemodynamic Support for Advanced Heart Failure. Cardiovascular Innovations 2015. Dallas, TX. January 16, 2015.
20. Drugs, Devices, and Hearts for Heart Failure: An Exciting Era. The 41st Annual Williamsburg Conference on Heart Disease. Williamsburg, VA. December 8, 2014.
21. Advanced Heart Failure Therapy Today. Grand Rounds. Baylor All Saints. Fort Worth, TX. November 11, 2014.
22. Advanced Heart Failure Therapy Today. HeartMateII Program. Phoenix, AZ. November 7, 2014.
23. The Advanced Heart Failure Patient: Their Impact on Readmissions and How to Identify Them. Heart Failure Readmission Symposium, American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN). Dallas, TX. October 18, 2014.
24. A Bird’s-eye View of the Guidelines and Management of Chronic CHF. Hendrick Medical Center. The 19th Annual Physician CME Symposium. Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, TX. September 19, 2014.
25. Advanced Heart Failure Symposium 2014. Medical Director. Dallas, TX. February 22, 2014.
26. Therapeutic Options for Advanced Congestive Heart Failure. Grand Rounds. Hendrick Medical Center. Abilene, TX. February 20, 2014.
27. Advanced Congestive Heart Failure: Current Treatment Options. The 40th Annual Williamsburg Conference on Heart Disease. Williamsburg, VA. December 9, 2013.
28. Cardiothoracic Transplantation. Grand Rounds. The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano. Plano, TX. December 12, 2013.
29. LVAD. Internal Medicine Grand Rounds. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. August 2013.
30. LVAD and Palliative Care. Baylor University Medical Center. Journal Club. Dallas, TX. August 2013.
31. LVAD 101. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. February 2013.
32. LVADS. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. August 2012.
33. Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. July 2012.
34. Updates on Baylor Congestive Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. May 2012.
35. Introduction to LVADs. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. January 2012.
36. LVADs. Evaluation for Candidacy and Complications. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. June 2011.
37. Therapeutic Options in End-Stage Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. January 2011.
38. Congestive Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. September 2008.
39. Current Guidelines in Cardiac Care. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. June 2007.
40. Newest Advances in the Treatment of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. July 2006.
41. Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. August 2005.
42. Cardiovascular Care. Post Transplant Patients. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. December 2005.
43. Stage A CHF. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas TX. October 2004.
44. Decompensated CHF. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. March 2004.
45. Congestive Heart Failure. Baylor University Medical Center. Dallas, TX. March 2004.